Who can believe it is time to make plans for our 2013 Great Gulf Coast Region #10 Convention and Competition!
The 2013 Region #10 Competition Handbook is available below as a .pdf document. Individual forms and information pages are available as separate .pdf pages so you don't have to print the entire handbook if all you want is one specific page.
It is recommended that each chorus appoint a Competition Coordinator who is responsible for sending in the forms and money by the deadlines printed in this handbook. Please send that person's name to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can send you updates quickly. The deadlines for the forms are clearly indicated. Please make the deadlines a priority on your calendars. In order for everything to run smoothly, all forms and money need to be in on time.
The convention weekend will officially start with our popular Thursday night event, Kick Off to March Musical Madness Reception/Mixer in the Da Vinci Room located on the 1st floor of the Houston Hilton North Hotel. Everyone is invited to join competing quartets and Winners' Circle for the entire event. You'll have the opportunity to meet all the quartets and wish them well. Please plan to start your convention weekend by sharing this special evening with your favorite quartets and friends in this delightful space. Last year it was standing room only, so get there early!
We listened to your input and Chorus pictures will be taken on the Atrium Stairs this year and NOT ON STAGE!
No microphones in anyone's face this year!
No microphones in anyone's face this year!
Returning this year:
- Immediately following the Mass Sing on Friday morning, we invite all First Timers (members who have never attended a Region #10 competition/ convention before) to remain on the Atrium Stairs for a group photo. How fun will it be to remember this initial contest experience for our First Timers?
- Again this year we will only have ONE riser configuration, so be sure to select the ALTERNATE riser configuration. We will be using seven 6ft riser sections, with NO inverted center section. See the diagram of this year's riser set up on Page 32. With only one riser configuration, there will also be just one drawing for order of appearance ... everyone is in the mix!
- AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD This year the audience choice award for for both the quartet and chorus contest becomes an OFFICIAL award for most entertaining performance. Similar to this award at SAI International Contest, judges are NOT part of the decision makers. We're still waiting for details from SAI Headquarters about how the Audience Choice Award will be decided! Should be fun.
- If your chorus is not having a Saturday Night Dinner, you can join Regional Friends for dinner together without leaving the Hilton. See Page 24 of the Competition Handbook for more information.
- Show of Champions will start at 8 p.m. again this year, giving you plenty of time to enjoy dinner.
- We'll have a bulletin board to post locations of choruses parties following the Show of Champions.
The Steering Committee is here to serve and help in any way possible to make your contest experience enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you!
Hi-Res Regional Contest Logo
- Download Logo (Right-click on link to download a copy to your machine)
Complete 2013 Handbook
- 2013 Education Opportunities
- Chorus Breakfast Form 2013
- Chorus Competition Coordinator's Checklist 2013
- Chorus Dinner Form 2013
- Chorus Member Verification Form 2013
- Chorus Pose Form 2013
- Chorus Recording & Film Rights Form 2013
- Chorus Rehearsal Request Form 2013
- Chorus Rehearsal & Meals Plan - Friday
- Chorus Rehearsal & Meals Plan - Saturday
- Chorus Traffic Pattern
- Competing Chorus Info Form 2013
- Competing Quartet Info Form 2013
- Competition 2013 Schedule of Events
- Contest 2013 Evaluation Form
- Housing Instructions-Form-Diagrams 2013
- Indiv Dinner Request Form 2013
- Info For All Members 2013
- Map & Directions 2013
- Photo Link Info 2013
- Quartet Recording & Film Rights Form 2013
- Quartet Traffic Pattern (Rev. 3/11/13)
- Quick Competition Check List 2013
- Registration Info & Form Convention 2013
- Riser Configuration 2013
- Show Of Champions Schedule 2013
- Silent Auction 2013 Memo
- Silent Auction Bid Sheet
- Spreadsheet Sample (Excel File)
- Steering Committee 2013
- Thursday Kick Off Reception Form 2013
- Thursday Kick Off Reception Info 2013
- Time to Plan Ltr from CRC 2013
- Vendor 2013 Info
- Volunteer Job Desc & Form 2013